Sunday, September 9, 2012

A bum's to-do list

In a week's time my consultancy contract with a mining company will end. In retrospect, those were 12 months full of learning, self-discovery, new friendships and an awful lot of soul searching. It allowed me to gain my self confidence back after being a full time Ina-Tay to Leia and being Mum's private duty nurse when she was having her Chemo. It gave me the perfect chance to prove to myself, more than anybody else, that I still have what it takes to get things done. I will devote one entire post in the coming days telling you more about it.

People have been asking me which firm I will be transferring to. They think I have gone bananas when I tell them I'm going to be jobless when I go back to Davao. Yes, I gave myself permission to be a bum for at least a month, to be part of the Department of Labor's unemployed statistics. It is a conscious decision hence I have not moved heaven and earth (yet) to get a job.

Photo: http://themetapicture.com

So you may ask, what do I intend to do with all these time in my hands?

1. Spend time with my daughter. I mean LOTS of time and give her my undivided attention. Although I still get to go home and be with her during the weekends, I feel that I owe her quality mother and daughter time. She will also be going to school when I come back so it means I have to prep her every morning, be her school bus, watch cartoons and eat junk food with her afterwards. Perhaps do the groceries together, go to the beach, mundane things that will mean the world to her.

2. Blog 'til I drop. Yep, and that's why I'm attending the Davao Bloggers Blog Weekend Bootcamp. Once a blogger, always a blogger. I hope to revive Ina-Tay and reconnect with my blogger friends, write my thoughts and hope that someone will find wisdom in them. I look forward to reading comments asking me to write more, attend blogging events and be the blogger that I was before (naks!).

3. Nurse my plants back to life. They sure missed my TLC so with my free time, I am going to tend my plants, perhaps add new varieties and pray that I don't turn our house into a jungle!

4. Learn dressmaking. I am serious. I want to enroll in a dressmaking class and learn how to use a sewing machine. Here goes the Martha Stewart in me again!.

5. Clean our closet.

6. Teach Leia how to bake.

7. Read new books and re-read my old, dust-covered titles.

8. Rest, heal and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment